Thursday, March 7, 2013


The ability to run the extra mile lies in between your ears.  Keep going.  

I really need to remember this today because...yep...it's a run day.  Again!  I think Jenni is trying to kill me.  Maybe I should put Kanye in my I-Pod today - what doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger!  Well, I shouldn't complain too much, I mean - I wanted to be a runner, right?

Today's CrossFit workout:
   3 rounds - 
      Run 800 meters (.497/mile)
      20 situps
      12 thrusters w/20 lbs

March Madness workout:
   15 squats
   11 burpees
   *extra for me* 11 situps

My plan is to start my run doing the 5k training exercise thing - run 1 minute/walk 1 minute.  I'm hoping to do this every round, but I will definitely do it on the first round.  I discovered yesterday that doing it this way makes me run 6 blocks and walk 3 blocks and I can get 2 of these done in 1/4 mile, so 4 in a 1/2 mile.  It's just WAY harder running, but like I said earlier, I will definitely do this for the first round.  For the 5k training, you're supposed to do this 8 times, so it would be awesome if I could do this for at least 2 rounds.  I'm going to try, so y'all wish me luck!

I'm not worried about doing the situps and thrusters - it's not too many of both and I know I can handle that!  March Madness doesn't look too bad either, except for the burpees and those are ALWAYS hard after running, but...oh well...I'll get over that as well!
******************************
32:07 - Not bad (for me anyway), but I had set a personal goal of 30 minutes, so...I missed it, obviously!  But!  I DID IT!!!  Honey-Buns said my face was red after doing my workout on Tuesday, well, it's even redder today!  Oh my goodness, am I tired!!

I did not do the run 1 minute/walk 1 minute, but this is what I did instead: run 8/walk 8, run 6/walk 6, run 4 - then I was at the 1/2 mile point.  I did the same thing on round 2.  I was ready to give up by the 3rd round, but I forced myself to get back on that DAMN TREADMILL!  I ran 5/walked 5, ran 4/walked 2, ran 4/walked 4, ran 4/walked 4 on that last round.  All in all, I ran more than I walked (53 blocks out of 96) and that is a goal of mine, so I did accomplish something!  I would hurry up to get in situp position, but I was so winded I would just lay there for a minute or two (not nearly long enough!) to catch my breath before doing my situps.  I had no trouble doing 20 situps or thrusters each round.  That's a good thing!n  I used 24# on thrusters and did not have any problems.  So, yay!

I am so proud that I completed this workout today, but I hope like hell we do NOT run tomorrow!  I was sweating so much that even my knees were sweating!  My workout pants were so wet - and it wasn't from tinkling myself either!  lol

I also completed the March Madness workout.  I debated whether or not to count the squatting from doing thrusters against today's Madness, but chose not to.  Very proud I made myself do 15 more squats and thought how bad can 11 burpees be?  Well, all I can say is thank goodness I wasn't timing myself on those!  I am D-O-N-E for the day!  DONE!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment